What is a Deacon?
The office of deacon is set forth in the Scriptures as ordinary and perpetual in the Church. The office is one of sympathy and service, after the example of the Lord Jesus; it expresses also the communion of saints, especially in their helping one another in time of need. Together, the deacons comprise the Board of Deacons, or Diaconate.
What are the Diaconate’s responsibilities?
- To minister to those who are in need, to the sick, to the friendless, and to any who may be in distress.
- To develop the grace of liberality in the members of the church, to devise effective methods of collecting the gifts of the people, and to distribute these gifts among the objects to which they are contributed.
- To care for the property of the congregation, both real and personal, and to keep in proper repair the church edifice and other buildings belonging to the congregation.
How can I get involved in serving with the Deacons?
Members of the congregation are encouraged and invited to serve alongside the Deacons, assisting with the teams below. If you are interested, please contact the Diaconate Chairman by calling our church office (423) 267-1206
- Communications Team
- Facilities Team
- Finance Team
- Budget Subcommittee
- Stewardship Subcommittee
- Personnel Subcommittee
- Leadership Development Team
- Mercy and Compassion Team
- Rapha Subcommittee
- Ministry Support Team