Announcements, Events, News,
First Presbyterian Church – Schedule changes and updates (Mar. 23, 2020)
With the continuation of the COVID-19 outbreak and the likelihood of more cautions and CDC restrictions coming this week, all church activites are cancelled through April 30. We will continue to broadcast the worship services (along with other worship elements and children’s activities) on the church website: 1stprebyterian.com.
- The Steve Green Concert has been re-scheduled for May 17.
- The Honor Role Recognition Service and lunch is postponed indefinitely.
- The delivery and distribution of Easter cakes have been postponed to a later date.
- All Ladies’ Bible studies, the Monday morning prayer meeting, the weekly Worship Planning Committee meeting, all mid-week meals and activities, and all worship services along with Sunday school are cancelled through April 30.
- Rapha classes are cancelled through April 30, but the deacon-on-call program will continue over the telephone with no meetings at the church.
- The Missionary Closet will not accept donations until August 1 (not because of the Coronavirus, but are full and travel restrictions limit recipients).
- Only essential personnel will be working at the church, all others will be working from home until April 30. (Staff on-site will meet from 10:00-12:00 each day with social distancing). The church business continues but the facility itself is in “lock down”. Please remember to continue giving your tithes and offerings via on-line. (The giving portal is on the website).
- If you have special needs, including assistance with grocery shopping or acquiring medications and/or toiletries contact Rachael Allred at (423) 505-9009 or email Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you wish to have a member of the church check on you daily by phone please call Ann Walldorf at (423) 240-9480.
Please take measures to keep yourself, loved ones, and our community safe.
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly.
- Stay home if you exhibit any symptoms of feeling ill.
- If sneezing or coughing, do so into elbow or tissue.
- Try not to shake hands or use fist bumps.
- Do not share water bottles or cups.
- If you don’t need to go out, stay in.
I Peter 5:7 “Cast all your anxiety (cares) on Him, because He cares for you”.
Thoughts for Thursday
1st Pres kids are meeting virtually on the Children's Ministry Facebook Page, FPCC Children's Ministry, click the picture above to connect. Click the button below to access the Family Worship Document.